Millennial and silent autochthonous forests extend along hundreds of lakes... In the summits of the mountains, the nature emerges in granite picks and ice fields that spill its glaciers into lakes of supreme beauty.
Wonderful sea mammals and birds live seasonally in the wild patagonic shores where they complete some parts of their vital cycle. Sea wolves colonies rest in islands and restingas. The sea elephants have in Península Valdés the only continental place of the world, magic land where the "ballena franca austral" yearly arrive to procreate (gulves Nuevo and San José). Maras, ñandúes and guanacos wander around the steppes and the biggest colony in world of "magallánicos" penguins come to nest in Punta Tombo. To complete this magnificent image you only need to visit the reservoir of animal and plant fossils as Natural Monument of Petrified Woods and the paleonthological Museums and Parks.
Going souther, Tierra del Fuego and the southern city in the world, Ushuaia, a gateway towards the vastness and mystery of Antarctica.
Lakes and glaciers
From San Martin de Los Andes, along route 234, you travel between lakes and forests, toward Villa La Angostura, on Nahuel Huapi lake's shore. Close to it, there is the winter sports field Cerro Bayo. From Villa La Angostura you can also arrive to the National Park Los Arrayanes. Spectacle of amazing glaciers descending from the Atlantic slope of the ice field.
Thirteen glaciers threshing in huge towers into the the lakes Viedma and Argentino. The end of the glaciers Perito Moreno, Mayo, Spegazzini and Upsala fall into Argentino lake, and very near to it, the glaciers Agassiz, Onelli, Ameghino and Frías. Surround this show the dense Andean forests carpet the granitic mountains. For a closer view of those millenial glaciers, you can sail between the icebergs, climb or trek on the ice fields. El Calafate is the nearest service center, where you can arrive by flight or bus Río Gallegos.
Forests and Petrified Woods
From Esquel, after navigating Futaleufuquen lake and river, you arrive to Menéndez lake, to begin your journey at this park inhabited by autochthonous larches over than 60 meters high and 3.000 years old. Close to it, there is the winter sports field La Hoya. 24 Km from Esquel, surrounded with waterfalls, Trevelin conserves the traditions of its Welsh settlers.
- Perito Moreno. Calafate. View of the largest in the world, declared by Unesco glacier: the Perito Moreno Glacier.
- Bariloche. Famous for its ski resorts and nominated as Little Switzerland, consists of 7 beautiful lakes. It is the city of Luxury Hotel of 5 stars Llao Llao, place known products are world: Trout, Chocolate branch, rosehip oil, etc.
- San Martin de Los Andes. The Andes dreamed surrounded by snow, lakes and great varieties of trees, different landscape in every season, leaving the memory in a corner of our hearts.
- Ushuaia. The city of end of the world, located in the province of Tierra del Fuego. We wandered through the train end of the world, enjoying the most of the feeling that surprises us with the beauty of Patagonia.
- Puerto Iguazú. A must - see place "Iguazu Falls".
- The Moconá Falls. Incredible natural spectacle of water falling. Famous as a place of camp.
- Wanda mines.
- Buenos Aires. Atmosphere full of elegance, an attractive city with essence of Buenos Aires.
- Tango Show. We take the Origin of Argentine tango "La Boca" - "Caminito" to taste delicacies and the beautiful locals of the old tango, through your own eyes, mouth and ears!
- San Telmo. A neighborhood of antiguidades.
- Recoleta. Where rest the Great Argentine Mother Evita and the nobility of the last century.
- Palermo. It is a cosmopolitan neighborhood. There is fun, food, fashion and nature.
- Puerto Madero. A commercial and residential district. You enter through the Bridge of the Woman. It is an area of high tourist level. As the Hotel Faena of 5 stars ~ a place charming and unique style in the neighborhood of Puerto Madero.
- Tigre.City of river tourism, Sarmiento, Parana de las Palmas navigated, covering the entire delta and the formation of Islands. It is also the location of 2nd Chinatown in Argentina.
- San Luis. In this province is a city called Merlo, which was recognized as "the third of Microclima the world", here you can get the original gemstone Onis and other natural stones.
- Mendoza. Taste the best wine in the world.
- El Leoncito. Enjoy the scenery Mon Valley. Taste the wine from San Juan province. Visit the Leoncito National Park.
One hundred thirdty million years ago, 225 Km western than Puerto Deseado there was a paradise with wide forests of araucarias and of other species that succumbed covered by volcanic ash. Now that the wind and the water eroded the ashes, the area regards a colossal landscape of petrified log, some of them 35 meters length and a diameter up to 3 meters. Going northern, near Sarmiento (in Chubut province) there is the Petrified Forest José Ormaechea.
End of World
Beside the Beagle channel, Ushuaia is the most southern city in the world. Visit the End of World Museum of the and the Marine Museum (an old prison), and enjoy the nature surrounding the city. A small train transports you to the entrance of the Tierra del Fuego National Park that protects several flora and fauna species. In the park, the red foxes, guanacos, beavers and condors live among the forests of lengas, ñires and guindos. You can also sail along the Beagle channel for sighting sea wolves, penguins and cormorans.
An unforgettable place for nature lovers is Valdez peninsula. At the beginning of the austral winter the southern right whales come punctually to San José gulf and to Nuevo gulf, to fulfill their ritual of mating. Scientists study each one and know how to recognize them. Impulsed by their powerful tail, the whales jump showing all their body. In an amazing show, they raise tons of frothy water in their plays.
It is advisable to visit the Interpretation Center at the Ameghino isthmus, to get all the information you will require. The Natural Reservation Birds Island protects thousands of marine birds (cormoranes, gaviota cocinera, garza bruja and garza blanca). From Puerto Pirámide you can take a trip and wonder with the view of the southern right whale that come to carry out their reproductive cycle between May and December. 67 Km northern than Trelew, Puerto Madryn has beautiful beaches alowing sea activities. Few kilometers from there, at the Natural Reservation Punta Loma there is a place with more than 800 sea wolves.